Friday, February 8, 2008

The Nativity Scene and the Little Girl

Have you ever watched a child whilst they looked upon the Nativity Scene? I have a six year old grandaughter and on Christmas Day, trying not to be noticed , I observed her whilst she looked at the Nativity Scene. She was calm and ready to expreme all that she had in her heart and I took all this in. Straight away she gave a general look at the whole scene, then she concentrated her attention on the stable and with her finger she touched Mary’s head, and said smiling: “There you are, you have arrived, and He is already born: Are you happy now? And you Joseph, go on and get some wood for the fire, otherwise it will go out...” All of a sudden the atmosphere change, her tone of voice became emotional and beseeching “...Shelter me, shelter me, give me hospitality, please I beg you, I’m so tired...Help me...”. She had picked up a hen and she moved it around, desperately trying to find a safe refuge for it to rest in. The drama of the human events of Joseph and Mary refused in a moment of need, for the love of a little girl, was transferred in that little world making her participate in and aware of their problems. In this way children are often “teachers of life” for us adults. Baby Jesus protect all the World’s Children!! Mimma (translate by Diliana)

No comments: