Tuesday, January 29, 2008

FRIENDSHIP

There is an old saying:”who finds a friend finds a treasure”. If during a lifetime you find some friends, but with the passing of time occasionally you discover that they are almost never the much desired “treasure”. I think I am able to say that friendship is more than a simple affectionate tie between blood relations. Friendship is the strongest form of Brotherhood: a friend never leaves you alone, he is deeply rooted inside of you because he finds in you something similar to his own nature and this makes him happy because he knows he can rely on you for anything, in any moment of his life. Once I was deeply touched the first time, when at the end of the Focolari Movement’s convention the participants hugged each other saying: “I’m ready to give my life for you”. It seems absurd to say such a phrase, but if someone says this why not believe it? Most certainly he found in him a true friend! I wish you all a happy start to the new year and I remind you of the Friend-Treasure that 2000 years ago offered his life for all Humanity. Mimma (translate by Diliana)

No comments: